The Digital Engagement Coordinator is a temporary, bi-state, full-time position. This person will work closely with our Communications Director and our organizing teams in New Hampshire and Vermont on earned media, social media, and digital outreach and membership engagement on a wide range of grassroots and political initiatives leading up to the Presidential Primaries.
This is a project position through March 2020 with the potential to move to full-time, permanent staff at the end of the project. Applicants can live in either Vermont or New Hampshire. Open to temporarily remote applicants who are willing to move.
Application deadline: September 16
The Digital Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Maintain digital communication with the public and members through email, social media, and RAD websites;
- Work with communications director and staff organizers to advance issue campaigns for economic, social, and environmental justice using digital organizing tools;
- Work with communications and development staff to advance digital engagement and membership recruitment as part of our regional, chapter-building model;
- Work with communications and organizing staff to expand digital engagement with voters and members during the elections; and,
- Keep up-to-date on best practices for social media and digital engagement.
Must have strong writing and project management and be results-oriented. As well:
- 1+ years of work experience in one or more of the following: social media engagement, media creation and development, and online/offline organizing.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Adobe Suite, Canva, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in 2D motion graphics, typography, composition and color.
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Strong writing skills; and,
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Compensation: $41,000 – $54,000, depending upon experience, plus benefits.
To apply, please email a resumé, cover letter, and 2-3 professional references to: Shay Totten, Communications Director, at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Rights & Democracy
Rights & Democracy (RAD) is a member-led, people’s organization in Vermont and New Hampshire. Our mission is to shift the political landscape through electoral and community organizing to ensure that the values and needs of our communities guide the policies of our government. We are doing this by building a popular movement to advance human rights, dismantle economic inequality, racism, and sexism, and to build a real democracy.